www.giuseppe chiarenza.it - who is Giuseppe Augusto Chiarenza - © all rigths reserved
Home Page » Who is Giuseppe Augusto Chiarenza
Born in Milano (Italy) 21.04.1947
Giuseppe Augusto Chiarenza, M.D., PhD, BCN
Home: Viale dei Tigli, 30 - 20020 Arese (MI)
Office: via Edolo 46, Milano tel:02669748, cell: 3487703089
Office: via del Majno 4, Rho tel:029302399, cell: 3487703089
Registration number n°14818 from 29/08/1973 Ordine dei medici di Milano
BCIA Certification Number: E6088
email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1971: degree magna cum laude in Medicine and Surgery, Catania University
- 1975: specialization magna cum laude in Child Neurology and Child Psychiatry at Milano University
- 1977: specialization in Neurology at Milano University.
- 2012: BCIA certified for Neurofeedback.
Bionatural Detoxification Center (CDB) of the Eris Foundation.
2018 until today Health Director of theBionatural Detoxification Center (CDB) of the Eris Foundation.
International Centre of learning, attention and hyperactivity disorders
2012 until today President of the International Centre of learning, attention and hyperactivity disorders (CIDAAI)
Institute of Child Neuropsychiatry, Milano University.
- 1971-1974: Resident in child and adolescent neuropsychiatry Institute
- 1972-1973: Scholarship at Pediatric Clinic, Central Hospital, Helsinki University
- 1975-1980: Researcher
- 1980 -1993: Senior Researcher
Hospital "G. Salvini"
- 1993-2011: Director, Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry Unit.
- 2004-2008: Head, Psychiatry and Child Neuropsychiatry Department
- 2004-2011: Head, Child and Adolescent Departments of Azienda Ospedaliera "Guido Salvini" of Garbagnate Milanese and Azienda Ospedaliera of Legnano.
- 2011-2012: Research Projects Scientific Directors:
1) Rehabilitation of developmental dyslexia with the sublessical method
2) Parent training in ADHD
Fields of interest: Developmental neuropsychology, neurophysiology and
psychophysiology of learning disabilities, dyslexia and attention deficit
Analysis of electrical brain activity and responses (electroencephalography – EEG, QEEG and event-related potentials - ERPs) in combination with neuropsychological tasks for the investigation of brain cognitive processes in normal and abnormal conditions in children and adults.
Neurofeedback in children and adults with behavioural disorders.
Planning health services for children, Prevention of mental diseases in children.
Neurofeedback therapy for children and adults with neuropsychological and behavioural disorders.
Università degli studi di Chieti.
Lecturer Master of neuroimaging, 2020-2021.
Module: Neuroimaging of developmental disorders.
Chengdu University, China.
Guest lecturer for Summer International school UESTC, Department of Neuroinformatics Chengdu Polytechnic: Course on Psychophysiology of learning, 2017.
ARP Associazione per la ricerca in Psicologia Lecturer Master on Psychotraumatology "Neurofeedback in Psychotraumatology", 2019-2020, 2020-2021
Prof. Giuseppe Chiarenza has been lecturer in clinical neurophysiology,
human psychophysiology and child and adolescent neuropsychiatry at the following
Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry Institute. Milano University.
Faculty of Education. Catholic University of the Holy Heart, Milano.
Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry Institute, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Dept. of Neurology, University "La Sapienza", Roma.
- Author of 280 scientific papers in national and international journals.
- Author of "Clinical application of cerebral evoked potentials, in pediatric medicine," Elsevier Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, 1982, pp. 1-415, in collaboration with D. Papakostopoulos
- Author of "Le molte facce della memoria" La Viviana Editrice, Padova, 1990, in collaboration with C.L. Cazzullo and A. Guareschi Cazzullo
- Author of “Bambini provocatori” Ars medica, 2007
- Author of a short film: "Un lavoro per me. Valutazione neuropsicofisiologica delle capacità residue del disabile"(A work for me. A neuropsychophysiological evaluation of disabled people). In collaboration with Centro Televisivo Universitario.
- Author of monograph: "Neuropsycophysiological Evaluation of the residual abilities of people with handicaps". International Research Center for residual abilities of handicapped (CIRAH, Centro Internazionale Autosufficienza handicappati) project.
- Proceedings of XIII National Congress of the Italian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry. In collaboration with Guareschi - Cazzullo A., Lenti C., Chiarenza G.A., Edizioni Unicopli, Milano 1988.
- Author of Le disprassie dello sviluppo e i disturbi motori associati. Le basi neurali e l’esame clinico. In collaboration with Charles Njiokiktjien. Suyi Publications Amsterdam, 2008 pp.1-295.
Guest Editor of International Journal of Psychophysiology:
- "EEG Oscillations: In Memoriam of Erol Basar". Editors: Giuseppe A. Chiarenza, Sirel Karakas, Christoph Hermann. Special issue International Journal of Psychophysiology, 2020
- "Ontogenesis of goal directed behaviour" Guest Editor G.A. Chiarenza, International Journal of Psychophysiology, 1995, 19:85-180
- Abstracts of the 9th World Congress of the International Organization of Psychophysiology - Taormina, 14 - 19 September 1998. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 1998, 30:1-286
- Proceedings of the 9th World Congress of the International Organization of Psychophysiology (IOP), Taormina, Sicily, Italy, 14 - 19 September 1998. International Journal of Psychophysiology, 2000, 35:91-250
- Proceedings of 16th World Congress of the International Organization
of Psychophysiology, Pisa, Italy, 13-17 September 2012. International
Journal of Psychophysiology, 2012, 85: pp.279-430.
- 1980- 1990: Secretary, Higher Nervous Activity Italian Society
- 1981- 1982: Auditor, Italian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry
- 1989- 1990: Councillor, Lombardia Section, Italian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry
- 1999-2007: Regional Secretary, Lombardia Section, Italian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry
- 1974-today: Member, Italian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry
- 1976-today: Member, Clinical Neurophysiology Italian Society
- 1976-today: Member, Psychopharmacology Italian Society
- 1990:Founder, Psychophysiology Italian Society
- 1990- 1993: Secretary and Treasurer, Psychophysiology Italian Society
- 1994-1996: President-Elect, Psychophysiology Italian Society
- 1996-1998: President, Psychophysiology Italian Society
- 2001-2007: Chairman, Neuropsycholgy section, Italian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry
- 2004- 2011 : Vice-President, Italian Society of Child Neuropsychiatry
- 1986-1996: Secretary, Psychoneurobiology Section, World Psychiatric Association
- 1988-1996: Fellow, International Organization of Psychophysiology
- 1989-2011: Fellow, International Academy for Research in Learning disabilities (IARLD)
- 1976-2012: Member, European Neuroscience Association
- 1980-1990: Member, English Psychophysiology Society
- 1992: Founder, European Federation of Psychophysiology Societies
- 1992-1997: Secretary, European Federation of Psychophysiology Societies
- 1996-2012: Chairman, Neuropsychobiology Section of World Psychiatric Association
- 1996-2009: Vice-President, International Affairs, International Organization of Psychophysiology (IOP)
- 1997-2000: Vice-President, European Federation of Psychophysiology Societies
- 2000-2003: President, European Federation of Psychophysiology Societies
- 2006-2011: Chairman del ADHD Network Europeo (Costb27)
- 2010-today: President, International Organization of Psychophysiology (IOP)
- 2012 Founder, International Center of learning, attention and hyperactivity disorders (CIDAAI, Centro Internazionale Disturbi Apprendimento, Attenzione e Iperattività)
- 2012 President, International Center of learning, attention and hyperactivity disorders (CIDAAI, Centro Internazionale Disturbi Apprendimento, Attenzione e Iperattività)
- 2012 Member, International Pharmaco-EEG group (IPEG)